Wednesday, September 17, 2014

Custom orders, and one happy customer. Me

Carol Dekle-Foss
In keeping with the topic of Karen's post yesterday of doing custom work, I wanted to share a positive experience I had as a customer with the talented ceramic artist Natalie Kay of NKP Designs

While researching how the ceramic raku process was done, I stumbled upon a great post on the Beads of Clay Blog by Mary Harding of  Mary Harding Jewelry. I discovered some very talented artists there, including of course, Mary Harding, Lisa Peters of Lisa Peters Art, Marianne Kasparian of MAKU Studio, and Melanie from Earthenwood Studio. Mary's post had a picture of some of Natalie's raku beads. I fell in love with them immediately.  I then quickly did some more research and found these beautiful beads on  her blog. I just HAD to have them. The problem was she had made them in 2010. The chances of her still having them were nil, so I contacted her and asked if she would be open to a custom order. 


She responded immediately and let me know that unfortunately she no longer does the raku process. I was bummed for sure. I still loved the overall design of the beads though so we worked together and came up with these beads.


I am completely smitten with them.  I wanted two complimentary colors, green and red but left the exact color choices up to her. The beads ended up having two of Pantone's Fall colors. Great job Natalie!

To be on the other side of a custom order was refreshing for a change and Natalie was a delight to work with. She responded very quickly to my questions and also gave great suggestions. 


I am very grateful that Natalie was open to a custom order and will be purchasing more from her in the future.

Thank you Karen for your post on this important topic!

3 comments:

Erika said...

I love Natalie's beads, for sure! Those earrings are beautiful

Natalie -- NKP Designs said...

Thank you Carol! Wow! It was a pleasure to work with you, too, and it is rare that I accept custom orders. They really have to intrigue me.

Ann Schroeder said...

The custom beads you got are beautiful, as are those earrings!

face
Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...